2017 CRA Service interruptions – System maintenance Notice (EFILE, AFR)
By CRA updated on 1/4/2017. Source Email
The Canada Revenue Agency's systems will be undergoing annual maintenance. As a result, the following service interruptions will occur during the time frames noted below:
- The EFILE systems will stop accepting transmissions of your clients 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 (T1) personal income tax and benefit returns at midnight local time on Friday, January 20, 2017 and will re-open on Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. (Eastern time) for the electronic filing of your clients 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 personal income tax and benefit returns.
- The Auto-fill my return (AFR) service will no longer be available for the 2015 tax year as of 8:00 p.m. on Friday, January 6, 2017 (Eastern time). The service will re-open on Monday, February 20, 2017, at 8:30 a.m. (Eastern time), to provide 2015 and 2016 tax year data to allow you to automatically fill in parts of T1 income tax and benefit returns.
- T1135 transmission web service will be temporarily unavailable from 8:00 p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2017 until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 20, 2017 (Eastern time).
- T1013 transmission web service will be temporarily unavailable from 8:00 p.m. on Friday, February 10, 2017, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 13, 2017 (Eastern time).
- The EFILE online service "Transmission history" will be unavailable from 8:00 p.m. on Friday, January 20, 2017, until 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 20, 2017 (Eastern time).
- There will be no service interruptions to the following EFILE online applications: "Register for EFILE", "Yearly renewal" and "Account maintenance".
Canada Revenue Agency is modernizing its services to meet the needs of Canadians. As part of the CRA’s Service Renewal Initiative to streamline services, our current nine processing centres will be transitioned into seven specialized sites.
For any EFILE accounts affected by this initiative, the transitioning will be seamless and you will receive an email message from us, to provide you with all the details.
Iris CPA, CGA cell: 647-779-7887; Wechat: xyz4tax
Disclaimer: The authors of xyzAccounting.com strive, but cannot guarantee, to provide information which is current and accurate. Individual circumstances have a significant effect on how tax and financial information can be used. Due to this, and to the nature of the information, it should not be relied upon for decision making without professional advice.
xyzTax.ca provides links to other web sites. The authors of xyzTax.ca cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on linked sites.